Sunday, October 24, 2010

Made in the USA

Recently, I was discussing the possibility of going through an entire day without using or buying one product that was made in China.  Quickly, I realized how difficult that might be.

I’m not an expert in American history, but it seems to me that we used to make a lot more of our own things – fabric, for example.  In 2009 we were the leading exporter of cotton, yet most of my cotton clothing tags don’t say, “Made in the USA.”  Manufacturing may be less costly in another country, but given the state of our own country, I think more jobs should be given to Americans – even if it means that a company’s bottom line is not as fat.

At Eclipse Couture, we are doing our best to “buy local.”   We may not be able to develop our products with 100% American made materials, but we sure will try.  And, you can bet that our garments will carry a tag that proudly says, “Made in the USA!”

  

No comments:

Post a Comment